Stay Focused on Disciple-Making
Be a disciple • Make disciples
Jesus Christ calls you to a new life, clothes you with Himself, commissions you with a purpose, and empowers you to fulfill that purpose-to follow Him as His disciple and to live for Him as a disciple-maker.
What is disciple-making?
Disciple-making is the full process of seeing people come to faith in Christ and grow in Him then repeat the process with others. Women of all ages and stages of life can learn to share their faith and disciple new believers. Wherever women gather, disciple-making can take place there. That includes Bible Study groups. You can lead a Bible Study (or just be a group member) and become a disciple-maker within your group and to those around you who do not know Jesus.
- Disciple-making is – an intentional, relational process flowing from a love for God and love from God for people.
- Disciple-making is – done within your homes, neighborhoods, workplaces, and churches.
- Disciple-making is – an intentional, relational lifestyle of building relationships with those around you who need to know Jesus or need to know Him better.
- Disciple-making is – establishing new Christians in the basics of the faith, then helping them to go out and do the same with their peers.
- Disciple-making is – done by faith…in your personal life and church life…at any age or stage of life…along any stage of your Christian growth…trusting in God’s Spirit to make it happen.
Stay Focused on Disciple-making through Workshops
Prepare to share…then, do it!
- Prepare and practice a 3-word based faith story, conversation transitions into sharing some of your faith story, and a simple gospel presentation. Be ready when God gives you the opportunity.
- Read my blog “How to Put Your Faith into Words.”
- Download the “Prepare to Share” booklet. Use this booklet to host a “Prepare to Share Workshop” (2 hours) for your church or small group.
Transition your women’s ministry to disciple-making.
Add a disciple-making focus to your women’s ministry by doing these:
- Evaluate your existing women’s ministry activities. Brainstorm ways to make them more effective for all aspects of disciple making. Contact me to lead a 2-4 hour workshop for your ministry team.
- Read my blog, “How to add a disciple-making focus to women’s ministry.
- Download the workshop guide.
Become a disciple-making small group leader.
- Use “Be a Christ-Focused Small Group Leader,” a simple handbook to prepare yourself to be effective at disciple-making within small group ministry. Be the best small group leader you can be!
- Read more about small group leadership.
Become a designated engager for women’s events.
- Do you love Jesus and want others to experience the love of Jesus, too? Become a “DESIGNATED ENGAGER” for the women’s events at your church – retreats, brunches, small groups, classes, Bible studies, and more.
- Recruit others to join you. Help a newcomer feel wanted and included!
- Read more about being a designated engager.
- Download the designated engager training guide.
Get the “Lifestyle Disciple-Making Training Guide.”
- Train women in your church for disciple-making with this Lifestyle Disciple-Making Training Guide.
- Get strategies for ENGAGING the unchurched women around you, for ESTABLISHING new and inexperienced Christians, and EQUIPPING resources to ENGAGE and ESTABLISH others.
- Encourage women to disciple women as a lifestyle not a program.
Use These Disciple-Making Resources
Resources to disciple new Christians and those who are new to understanding their faith. Many are free to download; others are available to order online.
Graceful Living Bible Study
New Testament Women
Disciplemaking Ministry Guide
This great resource is for ministry leaders to use in transitioning women from traditional discipleship-oriented activities to a disciplemaking lifestyle. Order this guide from Next Step Resources.
Prepare Your Faith Story
Get online evangelism training at Evantell.org that prepares you to share your faith when God gives you the opportunity.
New Believers Guide
Short video explanations of 6 concepts followed by text that restates the teaching. Access through desktop or mobile device. Very basic. Access online from Godlife.com.
One to One Discipling
From Multiplication Ministries. Designed for one person to disciple another. Also available in Spanish and other languages. 9 lessons
More Resources for Leading a Study
- Live Out His Love Bible Study
- Graceful Beginnings Books for anyone new to the Bible
- A Fresh Start Bible Study for new Christians
- Turn Your Radar On blog
- Disciple-making for Women’s Ministry blog
- Proper Feeding of Newborns blog
- How to Make Lunchtime at Work More Fun blog
- How to Put Your Faith into Words blog