The Walk from Fear to Faith: Trusting God with Your Fears
A study of 6 Old Testament women
Book #1 in the “Short and Easy” series.
You can overcome your fear now!
Do you find yourself living in fear? Are you looking for God’s help to overcome that fear? Here’s the truth: Fear is a normal human emotion designed by God to alert us to danger so that we will take action against it. The Walk from Fear to Faith study will teach you how to do that as you:
- Look at the lives of several Old Testament women who learned how to overcome their fear.
- Learn 4 truths you can embrace so that you can learn to trust God with any situation that causes you fear.
- Follow a process using those 4 truths to apply faith to any fear in your life.
The lessons are short and easy, designed for anyone regardless of your experience with the Bible. Don’t wait. Give this book a try and learn to trust God with your fears.
Get “The Walk from Fear to Faith” here.
Listen to podcasts.
To download a podcast: right click on the title to save the audio to your computer or send to your devices.
- Book #1: The Walk from Fear to Faith (Old Testament women)
- Book #2: Satisfied by His Love (Women Who Knew Jesus)
- Book #3: Seek the Treasure (Ephesians)
- Book #4: Grace Overflowing (overview of Paul’s letters)
What women are saying about this study:
“Love this study. I ordered a second one for a friend!” (Elizabeth)
“I have been using The Walk from Fear to Faith with my small group online (while on quarantine due to the pandemic). I really had a hard time looking for an Inductive Bible Study material that is not difficult to facilitate online and, at the same time, is transferable. And I am just so thankful that God led me to your site!” (Marifel)
This study is adaptable to a retreat theme. For more information, go to Melanie’s Retreat Topics.
Fear is a normal human emotion designed by God to alert us to danger so that we will take action against it. In that way, fear is a gift. But, we know fear has a dark side as well. I heard someone say that women are a fear-driven, performance-oriented species. Just reading the daily Facebook feed can panic us. Is it realistic to think we can live without fear? No! Fear will happen. We can let fear take root in us so that we give way to panic and hysteria. When we are afraid, God wants us to trust Him and not give way to fear. Learning to do that is our walk from fear to faith.
Trust is usually defined as a firm belief in the character, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. In our walk from fear to faith, that trust is in God. As we study the lives of Sarah, Miriam, Rahab, and others, we’ll see an ever-faithful personal God in action. These Old Testament women knew God by the personal name Yahweh. Yahweh means, “I am.” This name expressed His character as constant, dependable and faithful. He’s always present with us. Read my blog “Two Aspects of Trusting God” to help you do this.
Bible women were everyday women like we are today. Their stories-snippets of their biographies-are preserved for us to get to know them, and to know their God who is also our God-an ever-faithful God whose character never changes. We get to see how much our God loves us as women today.
• To study Old Testament women, we recommend “Everyday Women, Ever-Faithful God” (11 lessons) and the shorter version, “The Walk from Fear to Faith” (6 lessons).
• To study New Testament women, we recommend “Live Out His Love” (11 lessons) and the shorter version “Satisfied by His Love” (6 lessons).
Image credit: sourced at best-wallpaper.net (Summer-morning-nature-forest-trail-sun-light-rays_1920x1200.jpg)