Fear to Faith Bible Study
The Walk from Fear to Faith: Trusting God with Your Fears
"Love this study. I ordered a second one for a friend!" (Elizabeth)
"I have been using The Walk from Fear to Faith with my small group online (while on quarantine due to the pandemic). I really had a hard time looking for an Inductive Bible Study material that is not difficult to facilitate online and, at the same time, is transferable. And I am just so thankful that God led me to your site!" (Marifel)
Fear is a normal human emotion designed by God to alert us to danger so that we will take action against it. In that way, fear is a gift.
But, we know fear has a dark side as well. I heard someone say that women are a fear-driven, performance-oriented species. Just reading the daily Facebook feed can panic us.
Is it realistic to think we can live without fear? No! Fear will happen.
We can let fear take root in us so that we give way to panic and hysteria.
When we are afraid, God wants us to trust Him and not give way to fear. Learning to do that is our walk from fear to faith.
The Walk from Fear to Faith leads you through the lives of several Old Testament women on their walk from fear to faith.
- You will learn 4 truths you can embrace: God loves you, God knows what is going on in your life, God can do something about it, and you can trust His goodness in what He chooses to do.
- You will also learn a process using those 4 truths to apply faith to any fear in your life. Download: "Applying Faith to Fear Bookmark."
Trust is usually defined as a firm belief in the character, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. In our walk from fear to faith, that trust is in God.
As we study the lives of Sarah, Miriam, Rahab, and others, we’ll see an ever-faithful personal God in action.
These Old Testament women knew God by the personal name Yahweh. Yahweh means, “I am.”
This name expressed His character as constant, dependable and faithful. He’s always present with us.
You will see in The Walk from Fear to Faith that Bible women were everyday women like we are today.
- They cooked meals, did laundry, and raised children.
- They had responsibilities inside and outside of their homes, including home businesses.
- They experienced hormone fluctuations and menopause.
- They laughed with their friends, differed with their mates, and cried when a loved one died.
- They wrote songs and played musical instruments.
- Their hair needed to be combed and fixed, and it turned grey as they aged.
- They faced fear from invading enemies, sick family members, and empty pantries.
- They faced creditors and surprise houseguests.
- They even had “bad” days when things didn’t go right, sometimes due to their own choices.
Their stories—snippets of their biographies—are preserved for us to get to know them, and to know their God who is also our God—an ever-faithful God whose character never changes. We get to see how much our God loves us as women today.
If you can’t be part of an established group, you certainly can study the Bible on your own at home.
Ask the Lord to help you choose a Bible Study guide that focuses on a book of the Bible. We recommend you start with any of the “Graceful Beginning Series” of Bible study books on our website that are short and easy to do.
Once you have the book, set aside some time to work through the lesson.
Most of our studies have related podcasts to enhance your own study so listen to those.
If you are new to Bible Study, start with something designed especially for anyone who is new to the Bible.
Look for basic lessons with simple questions with easy-to-understand terms and applications.
My “Graceful Beginning Series” of short and easy Bible study books are designed especially for anyone who is new to the Bible.
Yes! Anyone can study the Bible Study for themselves.
The Bible is God’s Word for every one of us. Just start reading through the New Testament.
The Holy Spirit will help you understand what you are reading. That is what God desires for you so He makes sure you are enabled to do it.
So, you can ask the Lord to teach you through what you are reading.
Related Podcasts, Bible Studies, & Blogs
- Satisfied Series 1 Podcasts (Old Testament women)
- Profiles of Perseverance Bible Study (Old Testament men)
- Everyday Women, Ever-Faithful God Bible Study (Old Testament women)
- Reboot Renew Rejoice Bible Study (the Chronicles)
- Applying faith to fear
- The God You Can Know Bible Study (attributes of God)
- Short and easy Bible Studies