Be a Christ-Focused Small Group Leader
Prepare to lead a women’s small group with love and joy.
A handbook for personal use and group training
6 chapters with discussion questions included
Have you been asked to be a small group leader for a women’s group?
You might be feeling a bit scared and overwhelmed about it.
Perhaps your church Bible Study has grown so much that you have a bunch of new leaders. They might be feeling a bit insecure about this new “role” in their lives.
Maybe you’ve been a leader for a while and know you can learn how to become a better one.
Just being able to “get the job done” doesn’t help someone to be a good small group leader. And most women volunteering to fill a leadership role don’t know how to do it well without training. Be a Christ-Focused Small Group Leader meets this need.
How This Book Meets the Need
All training should include not just “what you will do” but also “who you are to be” as a servant-leader in the Church belonging to Jesus. The key is to stay Christ-focused while leading any kind of group for women. Be a Christ-Focused Small Group Leader will show you how.
Follow 6 C’s as you lead to stay Christ-focused:
- Begin with Christ as your focus.
- Learn how to bring Christ-Like Character and Commitment to your group.
- Maintain Christ-Focused Community and Content as you meet.
- Incorporate your Christ-Given Commission for disciple-making as you interact with group members.
If your church doesn’t offer small group leader training:
Get this book for yourself and work through all the chapters. You’ll get what you need to prepare to lead any women’s small group—mom’s group, single’s group, Sunday School class, and Bible Study.
If you are a ministry leader:
Whether you have a large or small church, it’s a good idea to offer training on what it means to be a servant leader in Jesus’s Church. This puts everyone on the same page of approaching ministry as a team. It also helps to avoid the “it’s MY ministry” mentality.
- Schedule a “small group leader training” day.
- Give each small group leader a copy of Be a Christ-Focused Small Group Leader to read the content and reflect on the discussion questions before the training day.
- Use the “small group leader training” day as a gathering time for all leaders (new and experienced) to discuss what they’ve learned from each section, to ask questions, and to brainstorm solutions to any anticipated challenges.
Ask the Lord Jesus to help you take to heart the suggestions in this handbook and become the Christ-focused leader your small group needs you to be. Happy leading!
What others are saying about this book:
We’ve used the older version of this book for training, and I also took the video course. Excellent material! (Pauline)
To get more information and training on leading a Bible Study group, check out my online video course, Bible Study Leadership Made Easy. It’s only $20 and covers many aspects of leading a Bible Study group or lesson.