Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
“Lunch and Learn” events are common in most workplaces. What would be the best kind of lunch and learn? The answer to that question would be a Bible Study.
I know several women who have tried gathering co-workers together in their workplace for a weekly women’s Bible study over the lunch break. Though the idea sounds inviting, time constraints and experience levels of the women can make this difficult.
The problem in finding studies
Most published women’s studies involve too much homework for the average working woman to be able to do at home with her restricted time. And, trying to watch accompanying videos doesn’t leave any room in the weekly gathering for discussion and getting to know one another. At best, a workplace lunch break allows for 45 minutes.
Besides the time constraint for a lunchtime Bible study in the workplace, there is also the wide variety of Bible knowledge background or lack of experience that each woman brings to the group. And, if you are like me, you don’t want to study a book that just refers to the Bible. You want to get everyone into the Bible for themselves.
The solution is a short and easy Bible Study.
The best solution is a Bible study that is short and easy for anyone to understand, short enough to be done easily at home, and one that can be done together during a typical lunch hour.
Over the past years as I have gone to many churches to train women for disciple-making in their personal lives, I have seen the need for Bible studies designed especially for anyone new to the Bible.
So many adult women these days have never learned to read or study the Bible for themselves. When they try one of our typical women’s studies, they feel lost and ignorant because most studies assume previous Bible knowledge. It can be very discouraging.
So, the Lord has led me to prepare several beginners’ Bible studies that are perfect not only for one-on-one discipling of new Christians but also can be easily done during the typical lunch break at work.
Check out Graceful Beginnings Books for anyone new to the Bible.
The series of books is called GRACEFUL BEGINNINGS. Each book contains Bible lessons that are basic, easy to understand, using simple terms and very relationship-with-God oriented. All of them can be done in an hour or less at home and likewise in the group discussion. Several have suggested discussion guides you can download.
These are what we currently have to offer you:
1. A Fresh Start – The first steps towards a new life in Christ with basic foundational truths about who Jesus is, who God is, who the Holy Spirit is, and how to live in this new relationship with God (8 lessons)
2. Painting the Portrait of Jesus — A study of the “I am” statements Jesus made in the gospel of John so you can get to know who He is (8 lessons)
3. The God You Can Know — A quick look into the attributes of our Father God and why His love can be trusted (8 lessons)
4. Grace Overflowing — Looking at how Christ is revealed in each of Paul’s 13 letters (13 lessons)
5. The Walk from Fear to Faith — A study of some Old Testament women who learned to trust God with their fears (6 lessons)
6. Satisfied by His Love — A study of a few of the women who knew Jesus (6 lessons)
7. Seek the Treasure — A short and easy study of Ephesians (8 lessons)
All of these are available as paperback books or fillable interactive PDF EBooks. You can also download and print these lessons yourself. And, if you need help, please contact me.
Take advantage of your workplace lunch break to offer the best kind of lunch and learn to your female co-workers. Choose a study. Find a place and time to meet. Invite women and see how many are interested in joining you. Get the books to each person and begin. How easy is that!