Bible Study Author, Retreat Speaker and Disciplemaking Trainer in Texas
CONTACT MELANIE NEWTON
Thank you for visiting my website. I would love to hear from you!
Please email me (see below) with your questions about any of my Bible Studies.
If you would like to request me as a speaker, I’m in Texas but will travel anywhere!
You can also contact me through our Facebook Page.
I’m a Louisiana girl who responded to God’s grace through the college ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ. At that point, I chose to follow Jesus as His disciple. His grace has filled me with a
passion to teach and lead other women to an authentic, joyful relationship with Jesus for themselves.
I’ve been happily married to Ron Newton for many years. We’ve been Texans since we moved here to attend Dallas Theological Seminary. Together we have 3 children. Adding to my “mommy” experiences are several years of homeschooling and developing science activities for children that illustrate biblical truth (Discovery Workshops). I also enjoy being a "Mentor Mom" to mothers of young children.
Discipling women has been my mission for more than 40 years now. Mostly, it's been through women's Bible studies for growing Christians (Joyful Walk Bible Studies). Now, it's through Graceful Beginnings books for anyone new to the Bible.
I teach online courses for anyone who wants to grow in their Bible-teaching skills to help others walk joyfully with Jesus. My newest course is Bible Study Leadership Made Easy. I still offer Lifestyle Disciplemaking Training events to churches large and small. My goal is to lead women of all church backgrounds to a lifestyle of disciplemaking—personally as well as incorporating the process into existing women's ministries.
I do all this through "Joyful Walk Ministries" — a partner with my husband's ministry, "Integrity at Work." You can follow me as a regular contributor to www.bible.org.
“Jesus took hold of me in 1972, and I’ve been on this great adventure ever since. My life is a gift of God, full of blessings in the midst of difficult challenges. The more I’ve learned and experienced God’s absolutely amazing grace, the more I’ve discovered my faith walk to be a joyful walk. I’m still seeking that joyful walk every day." (Melanie)
Ron Newton has been changing lives for more than four decades. After graduating from Dallas Theological Seminary, Ron led a wilderness camping ministry for troubled youth for many years and now helps corporations with their employees. His passion is to help improve personal and organizational lives quickly. Businesses on five continents utilize Ron's knowledge of how to identify and eliminate destructive behaviors and promote healthy character in order to build better leadership and transform their workplace culture.
Ron is the president of PEAK Training Solutions and the author of the top-rated business book, No Jerks on the Job. He is also the director of "Integrity at Work - iWork" — a faith at work ministry.
WHAT I BELIEVE AND TEACH
These are the tenets of faith that I hope dear and will be consistent throughout my teaching:
I firmly believe that everyone who trusts in Jesus Christ receives a new identity—child of God, one of God’s saints, totally loved and accepted by God; that eternal life is forever from the moment someone trusts in Jesus regardless of age; and that nothing can ever separate us from the love of God we have in Christ Jesus, including anything we ourselves do.
I hold to these basics doctrines of the Christian faith:
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority in doctrine and practice.
• God is a Trinity: Three Persons in One - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who have the same nature and attributes but who are distinct in office and activity.
• Jesus is God: Not just a human religious teacher. The eternal Son of God became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
• Jesus died and rose from the grave for the sins of the world. Our redemption and salvation is guaranteed by His literal physical resurrection from the dead.
• The Holy Spirit is God and not just a force or an energy. All believers receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, but receive spiritual gifts that differ, according to the will of God, to be used for the common good.
• Salvation is by grace alone through faith, apart from works. It is a gift of God and is received by man through personal faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for sin.
• All believers, once saved, are eternally secure in Christ.
• All things in heaven and earth were created by God and exist by His power. I believe the 6 days of creation described in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11 are 6 literal days.
• The personal, imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for the Church and His subsequent return to earth in power and glory to set up His Messianic, millennial kingdom is a sure thing.
• The souls of believers in Jesus do at death immediately pass into His presence, and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the body at His coming for the Church, when soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory.
FREE DOWNLOADS COPYRIGHT POLICY
Wanting to make copies of downloads from this website? Here are the policies:
All materials on this site are copyrighted unless specifically annotated otherwise. Permission is hereby granted to print in full or part any page or full document posted or downloadable from this site in any quantity desired and for any purpose, except for commercial usage, so long as such quotations, pages, graphics, postscript document files (PDFs), or documents are not edited or altered in any way, without the express written permission of Melanie Newton, and provided that a credit line and copyright notice is included.
DONATE TO JOYFUL WALK MINISTRIES
Joyful Walk Ministries
A ministry partner with Integrity at Work — iWORK.
It is my joy to be able to provide free Bible studies for women and other downloadable resources on this website. If you’ve just start working through one of my studies, hooray! I hope you enjoy it and fall fresh in love with Jesus. Life cannot be any better than knowing Him! Welcome to the Joyful Walk community. Melanie
3 Ways to Donate to Joyful Walk Ministries:
#1. Donate through PayPal.
Click on the picture below to donate through PayPal.
#2. Donate by check.
Make checks payable to "Joyful Walk Ministries." Mail to: Joyful Walk Ministries P.O. Box 270253 Flower Mound TX 75027
#3. Donate through your Amazon shopping
Purchase through Amazon Smile and choose "Integrity at Work" as your charitable organization. Click on the picture below to get you there.