What I Believe and Teach
I firmly believe that everyone who trusts in Jesus Christ receives a new identity—child of God, one of God’s saints, totally loved and accepted by God; that eternal life is forever from the moment someone trusts in Jesus regardless of age; and that nothing can ever separate us from the love of God we have in Christ Jesus, including anything we ourselves do.
I hold to these basics doctrines of the Christian faith:
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority in doctrine and practice.
• God is a Trinity: Three Persons in One - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who have the same nature and attributes but who are distinct in office and activity.
• Jesus is God: Not just a human religious teacher. The eternal Son of God became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
• Jesus died and rose from the grave for the sins of the world. Our redemption and salvation is guaranteed by His literal physical resurrection from the dead.
• The Holy Spirit is God and not just a force or an energy. All believers receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, but receive spiritual gifts that differ, according to the will of God, to be used for the common good.
• Salvation is by grace alone through faith, apart from works. It is a gift of God and is received by man through personal faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for sin.
• All believers, once saved, are eternally secure in Christ.
• All things in heaven and earth were created by God and exist by His power. I believe the 6 days of creation described in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11 are 6 literal days.
• The personal, imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for the Church and His subsequent return to earth in power and glory to set up His Messianic, millennial kingdom is a sure thing.
• The souls of believers in Jesus do at death immediately pass into His presence, and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the body at His coming for the Church, when soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory.